Tuesday 12 December 2017

Sent home

A nice lady at British Airways eventually answered the phone and booked my parents onto a flight the next day.  Which was cancelled by the time we came to check in online, by which point the BA office was shut.  The next morning, as I was wondering whether it's easier to get through to Homeland Security and report two illegal immigrants rather than wait on hold to BA, they were reassigned to a flight the day after.

This time I drove them to the airport and waited until I saw their plane take off, and I can happily report that they're back home again, in time for the man who was coming around to cut the trees.  So no harm done!

In the extra days they had with us I put them to work, but also showed them some of the finer things of Houston culture.  They informed me they're spending most of the next three months on cruise ships, so it looks like April before their calendar is open enough to come to see us again.  Parents, eh?


A perambulation around McGovern Centennial Gardens.


More people follow my mother's advice than Confucius's.


Trying to get a bit arty.


Some actual art, in the rather fab Houston Museum of Fine Arts.



And proof I did make them work for their extra stay with us.  Although I think it's fair to say my parents acted mostly in a consulting capacity.