Friday 10 December 2010

Busy little bee

Yes, I have been slow in blogging recent events, and this is because of some exciting developments with two companies I'm involved with.

The first is Puzux, where we've been putting crosswords and other puzzles on the Amazon Kindle for quite a while now.  We actually just passed 25,000 books sold!  Amazon is now releasing games as well as books for this nifty e-reader, and this week has seen our new Jumble game appearing there!  It currently comes in 20 and 50 puzzle flavours, and we'll soon be launching a free 3 puzzle sampler and a 200 bumper edition:

Jumble, 50 Puzzles

That one has a five-star rating at the moment too!  So if you've got a Kindle, I thoroughly recommend that you give it a download and a play.

The other company was started by some classmates of Hannah's at Haas - Modify Watches.  They wanted an updated website to sell their Christmas stock, and had a nice challenge in trying to build a sandbox that you could add to and take away from as much as you wanted to see the different combos of faces and watches they offer.  Oh, and they wanted it in three weeks.  It all went live last night!


Give it a go!  If you put the code MODIFY20 into the checkout then I think you'll get 20% off.  I'm not sure about international shipping, but it would amuse me if Aaron (one of the founders) was suddenly having to post stuff to England.

So, there we go!  Those of you that think I just sit around here lapping up Californian sunshine (Mum) can rest assured that I do actually put those skills learnt on a ZX Spectrum to use (and my Mum bought me that when I was nine, so I shouldn't tease her).  Now all I have to do is - in the lingo of the MBA - find a way to monetize myself...you can't quite come after me yet, Mr Immigration Official.