Monday 31 January 2011

Trophy husband

The success of the local SF Giants in the so-called World Series of baseball has been well documented on this blog, and today that success came home to roost when the trophy they won rolled into Walnut Creek as part of a regional tour.

Insanely long queues seem to be de rigueur in northern California at the moment, and it was no different when I wandered into town at 10.30am, two hours before the doors opened.  Apparently some people had been there since 8am!  I could understand if it was a significant trophy.

I did sneak back later and, with the crowds disbursed, managed to take a snap or two, but my decision not to hang around for an official photo paid off when they shut the doors at 2.30pm on the dot with about 15 people left waiting to go in.  Really?  I'd expect that in England, but here in California?!


Haven't these people got anything better to do?  I don't, but honestly...


Baseball and credit card companies, a heady mix.


Ooooo, shiny.