Saturday 25 October 2014

Dress rehearsal

Hallowe'en is a few more e'ens away but we won't be here on the day itself so we took the opportunity to dress Pete up today.  Not that we need a reason to dress our baby in a ridiculous outfit and photograph him, but it makes us feel better.

This year we've descended the evolutionary ladder somewhat, from monkey down to skunk.  The costume is actually a loan from Evie in California, who's still too small to wear it and, knowing her mother, will be in something far more custom and grand.  We're thankful for that because, up here in Canada, dressing in warm animal skins is de rigueur, whether it's Halloween or not.


"Mother, I'm resigned to the indignity.  Just get it over with quickly."


"I cannot wait until I'm 18 and in control of my own destiny/outfits."


Off to rustle up some sweeties from around the building.


I really should contact building management about our rodent problem.


Back, filled with refined sugar, happy.