Wednesday 12 August 2015

Division of labour

Back in the mists of Berkeley I found regular and unpaid employment as a "manny" to a gorgeous little girl called Claire.  Her mum Christine arrived for her MBA seven months pregnant, which led to some...comments from the business school's management.  But three days after giving birth she was back in class and I had a super-cute baby to carry around and enjoy favourable comments from the beautiful people of NorCal.

Well, what do you know?  After a long sojourn in Tbilisi everyone has ended up in Washington DC.  And because nothing really changes, it was only a few days before I found myself babysitting Claire again.  Now with added JJ and Pete!  Claire is, of course, somewhat older, and told me that the thing she wants most in the whole world is her own real phone.  I briefly contemplated buying her one, mainly to annoy her parents, but opted for frozen yoghurt at the mall for everyone instead.  Buying affection is always the most efficient way.


If the devil stuck his head up now...


Davies Nannying Services offers children all opportunities for personal development.  Now get back to practicing.


Police describe the suspects as 3-4 ft tall who giggle in the face of authority.


Tutti Frutti, new favourite frozen yoghurt place.


You can only have one topping Claire.  Ah, good choice.


How come we never get to do this when it's just you and me Daddy?


And a quick flashback to how Claire used to be.  And my fantastic Californian hair.