Tuesday 14 March 2017

Snow laughing matter

The weather forecasters hereabouts got themselves into a tizzy about the current east coast winter storm, and so Pete's school decided to close before a single flake fell here in Maryland.  To be fair to them a blanket of white did descend overnight, but when you've lived through the Snowpocalypse it takes more than a little eight-inch dusting to get you excited.

Hannah was extremely annoyed to only get a three-hour delayed start (although that did mean an extra cappuccino), but after she left I had the challenge of entertaining people at both extremes of the gerontological spectrum alone.  I decided to divide and conquer: Mum and Pete were sent outside to shovel snow, Sheila got to stay in and read.


Ready to put in a few hours' work.


Of course, it quickly descended into a snowball fight.


The snow was very icy, so this was the best I could manage for a snowman.  D- for effort, F for execution.


Come on out, Grandma.  It's lovely!


By the time Hannah went to work we'd cleared a path for her.  I don't want my princess getting chilly feet, do I?!


I did coax Mum and Sheila out by mid-afternoon, sending them to Safeway to buy milk and fruit.  They came back with cheesecake.  Here's hoping for warmer weather tomorrow...