Friday 5 March 2010

Rugger

It was a strange Consumption Function this month. I think the theme was "responsible business", but this had been interpreted as a variety of fairground rides and a rugby ritual. The top man himself, Dean Lyons, braved the cold waters of the dunk tank for charity, auctioning off throws at the target - a direct hit, and in he goes.

Then came the handing over of the "keg-a-tron" (a car trailer that magically unfolds and serves alcohol) from ex-Haas rugby team alumni to the younger current generation. This ceremony involved drinking copiously from a gold-painted rugby boot whilst being knighted with a toy sword, followed by some shouting (that bit was a little unclear to me). I'm off alcohol for Lent, but having always been prone to peer pressure what was I going to do?



Miss Cotton Candy 2010.



The Dean sportingly takes his place in the tank.



Beer, boots, knighthoods.



They made me do it!



Shauli and me, feeling the effects of drinking out of someone else's shoe, on the bus on the way home.