Thursday 5 May 2011

LOFI - Last Out First In

It doesn't count as warm in California until the temperature passes 30C (85F for imperialists), and if it isn't warm then our pool doesn't open.  Yesterday the temperature hit the requisite high and, as if by magic, the "closed" signs disappeared from the gate of our azure lagoon (with bits of blossom currently floating in it).

I didn't need a second invitation.  After proudly being the last person in the pool in 2010 (with Megan, to give her credit) I was damn well going to be the first in 2011!  I slipped into my swimmers and down into the icy waters.  Ouch, it was cold!  I know ducks are banned, but we could probably keep a few penguins in there. After a couple of lengths and a self-timed photo I decided I had proved my point.  I'll dip my toe again in August.


Brrrrr.