Friday 23 September 2011

Halloween is evil

We are now entering what is known in these parts as "Holiday Season".  This strings Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas together in a long splurge of consumer spending, eating, and general over-indulgence.  With so much packed in, it does have the happy side effect of not having to listen to Christmas tunes in shops from mid-September on, a British tradition.

Not that we miss out on advance money-grabbing, of course!  Wandering around Target the other day I came upon the 20% of the store already given over to Halloween goodies.  Of course, I quickly found myself in my favourite section.  The last report on this is apparently my most popular blogpost ever, according to the stats, proving that even my incisive, witty prose is no match for photos of dogs in costumes.

So here you go (warning: the final image should not be viewed by people of a nervous disposition).


Why?


Why why?


Why why why?


Hmmm, that actually makes some sense.


They now populate my nightmares.