Saturday 19 July 2014

Swarm of locust

It's been a little quiet on the blogging front of late, and that's because I've been mentally and physically preparing myself for this:



Oh yes, the nephews and nieces have arrived for three weeks!  I'm typing this from the cupboard under the bathroom sink with a "do not disturb" notice on the outside.  Beyond, chaos reigns.  We've already got through the entire contents of the pantry in the first lunch, and the dishwasher has put in a request for compassionate leave.

I met everyone at the airport this morning and attended to the first question of the holiday: how do we transport this lot around?  Luckily, it was cheaper to hire one big car than the three taxis needed to transport them all with the luggage.  One BIG car.  So outside the terminal we all squeezed into a stretched limo.  I've never been in one before, but I think I pictured sipping Champagne and being surrounded by beautiful people rather than my Godchildren.  Not that they're not beautiful, but...you know.

It was a fun ride, and Uncle David didn't embarrass the kids by hanging out of the sunroof and screaming at all passers-by through downtown.  Hannah's now taken them for a walk along the sea wall and I have a few precious moments of peace before...well, who knows what's going to happen in the next few weeks?  Possibly world peace - the four horsemen of the apocalypse are going to be busy here.


Travelling in style.


Only nine years until you graduate, Bethany, and then you can do this all again.


Limo selfie with Rebecca.


Scott could get used to this.


Jacob's already used to this.


Disgorging at the end of the trip.


Pete thinks this is the best thing ever!  Just wait until the food runs out.