Sunday 10 August 2014

Wild blue yonder

Where has everybody gone?  Why is no one arguing about who gets to push the button on the lift?  How do you play Risk by yourself?

I've been abandoned by both the Hammonds and the McLeans - the former back to Blighty and the latter off to Vancouver Island for a week.  I now have to re-involve myself in things like entertaining a child.  Was it this much hard work before?  On the plus side I do have a little more time for my hobbies, like comfort eating and drinking at lunchtime.

Thank you Hammonds for spending so much time with us!  It was wonderful to have you all here, and I got to see lots more of Vancouver (and, in the case of Wreck Beach, far more of Vancouver than I wanted to).  Safeways will be spending the next financial year trying to figure out what caused such a spike in its profits, but our washing machine and dishwasher are enjoying a well-earned break.


This luggage was mostly filled with decorative rocks for Granny's new patio.


Pete contemplates how to stow away.


A perfect day to fly.  See you again in a week, Ellen and Meg!