Sunday 29 March 2015

Happy returns

Ellen and Megan are back!  After spending Christmas in the warmer climes of the Spanish islands they've returned to us for Easter.  With them came torrential rainfall and a three-hour delay out of Heathrow, but they made it safe and sound.

I always like it when Megan comes - I get to satisfy my more girly desires, like tap-dancing, synchronized swimming, and Lego Friends, things that Pete, despite my best efforts, still isn't too enthused by.  Ellen also brought me a bottle of duty-free Baileys, purely for medicinal purposes, you understand.

Meg and Pete are sharing a room this time, but he was asleep when she arrived.  "Do you think he'll be alright?" a worried Hannah asked.  "He can be a bit shy, and he's going to wake up and just find her there..."  Her concerns were proved unfounded when, at 5am, I was woken by much giggling and loud conversations about the taxis outside the window.  I sternly ordered them both into bed until sunrise, and took a wee dram of Baileys to help me back to sleep.
 
 
Back in Vancouver, back on the coffee and cinnamon buns.
 
 
Lego, early in the morning.
 
 
Everybody's entertained, so all good.
 

I decided to see what you can really achieve with Lego Friends.  Spaceship!  With horse attachment.