Sunday 27 December 2015

Illuminati

'Tis amazing what will entertain us humans.  I was skeptical when Hannah mentioned our local park's light display, especially as it cost $30 to get in (do you know how much I could buy from thrift stores for $30?!) but thank goodness I didn't listen to my inner thrifter.  Not this time, at least.

With over one million lights - although I didn't independently verify that - throughout the winter season our local park is transformed into an electricity-guzzling wonderland, as displays in various shapes and sizes dazzle.  There are rainbows, there are birds and bees, there is a frog, there is a sea monster.  There are also hordes of people, mostly with toddlers, all walking towards us as they read the "One Way" signs properly.  In our defence, it was dark...


Envy.


The monster.


Somewhere over the etc.


Mauve.


A small percentage of the million.


Sparkly.


Anger.


Jaundice.


Oooh - sparkly!


Dark flower fairy.


Royal purple.