Wednesday 19 October 2016

Different monuments

A return to DC after the majesty of the canyons - and Vegas - always threatened to be somewhat sedate by comparison...but I wasn't going to let my parents off the hook that easily.  Aside from the 24/7 childcare I expected, we took them to the National Arboretum, the Goddard Space Center, the B&O Train Museum, a Smithsonian or two, etc.  I was able to program in a few more nap breaks (if you're under-5 or over-70) and many more cups of tea.  Real English tea, which is (shock!) hard to find on the plains of Utah.

Now we've had to wave them goodbye, after the traditional last supper at The Cheesecake Factory (with their new chocolate hazelnut crunch cheesecake...wow!  And so few calories!)  Thankfully their next two trips are booked so there is light at the end of the childcare tunnel again.  And with the success of Davies Tours' Grand Canyon itinerary I can't help turning my eye to The America's Cup Bermuda 2017.  How's your pension pot, Dad?


A trip to NASA.


Not as big as I remember it.


Hugs from Grandma.


Instruction in the principles of steam engineering from Grandpa.


The Smithsonian Museum of American History finally stops all these boring exhibitions on presidents and independence and focuses on something worthwhile that the USA has done.


One for the road, or the plane.  Until next time, Grandparents!