Wednesday 19 June 2019

Fathers' Day

For Fathers' Day, Hannah gave me another child! This time it's a 7-yr-old girl called Virginia, although we only get to keep her for four days while her mother Tracy is in town. Tracy works with Hannah, so the Chevron Moms bid us goodbye every morning (as they drank my homemade cappuccinos, of course) and Pete, Virginia and I toured Houston.

Turns out that a 7-yr-old's Houston highlights are very similar to everyone's, so we learned why oil is good - as if Chevron children need to - at the Museum of Natural Science, walked around a space shuttle at NASA, and ate Torchy's Tacos.

The only problem was not enough time! And that these children in my care could not be convinced to watch the Cricket World Cup for six hours every day. WHERE HAVE I FAILED AS A PARENT?! Oh well, it turns out we're all going back to California together, where Hannah has to attend meetings at HQ. So in direct recompense for my childcare, I get to leave Pete with Tracy and spend a week watching cricket while eating and drinking my way around San Francisco!

I've been told it doesn't work like that...


This doesn't look like trouble AT ALL.


Release the oil!


The moon.
 

And the first girl on it.


More space-faring.


Engineers.


Houston's best tacos....maybe.


How many too-large children can you fit in a shopping cart?


A new documentary about my life.