Saturday 10 October 2009

Dunelm

We're back in the city of our youth. Fifteen years ago I, as a naive young boy from Somerset, met the girl of my dreams at university in this very place. After several months of nagging she even agreed to go on a date with me...which led to two years of nagging to marry me. The rest is happy history.

Forgive the nostalgia, but cold, wet Durham in October tends to do this to me. We awoke this morning to a view of dew-drenched fields behind Mat's house in Witton Gilbert, and drove into Durham to search for wi-fi (like running water and inside toilets, still a luxury in the UK). I'm now finishing my latte before jumping back on the social treadmill as we go off to watch Goddaughter Charity at fencing class. As if she isn't dangerous enough already...



Chilly sunrise.



Tourists in our own town.



England: green, pleasant.