Sunday 6 December 2009

Jusqu'à la Fini

It was Fini's birthday this week, and last night/this morning was the celebration. Being Fini she scheduled it against the offical Haas Christmas party and, frankly, whoever went to that missed out big time.

We arrived at the village community centre to be greeted with an indoor laser light show, fully stocked bar (the tequila disappeared first), custom-made cupcakes, and 100 helium filled balloons dangling their silver ribbons from the ceiling. Officially we had to be out of the room by 11pm, but unofficially Fini had heard that the police don't arrive until about 3am.

Hannah and I left in the early hours, after a lot of dancing to Latin music and a quick nap on a nearby sofa to recharge my batteries (I had been playing rugby!) I've yet to discover if Fini is in prison for a breach of the peace, but I expect any officers that turned up were welcomed in with a glass of Champagne.


This is how it looked...and felt!