Saturday 26 February 2011

9.38am

You join me, live, in cinema 10 at AMC Emeryville. This modern movie theatre, sympathetically nestled in the Bay Street shopping mall, is today honoured to play host to the elite and foolish of the film-going world.

When I walked in this morning, the second person to arrive, you could already tell something special was going to happen. As the seats slowly fill, anticipation is reaching fever pitch.

The forecast snow showers failed to materialise, and I eschewed the bus to walk here in the sunshine and enjoy the festive atmosphere that always surrounds occasions such as these.

On my way I passed the gates to Pixar studios. Fitting, as this event begins with a showing of Toy Story 3.

So, as I ponder how much junk food my $20 voucher will buy me, and the buzz of Oscar conversation lowers as the lights dim, join me as we celebrate the best of Hollywood, and check back throughout the day for further dispatches.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7