Thursday 11 August 2011

It's quiet. Too quiet.

So farewell, Hammonds.  We all took the BART to SFO earlier today, and after a lot of discussion by the check-in lady with her colleagues about how to arrange a family of six in a 2-5-2 seat configuration aircraft, I waved them goodbye as they were ushered into the "priority" line at security.  So there are some advantages to having children.

But what am I meant to do now?  I'm not sure I've ever had such an active three weeks in my life!  Cleaning and tidying will obviously take up most of tomorrow, but then...?  Yogurtland isn't half as much fun on your own.


The twins play us out with a song.


It took ten minutes to get through the BART gates.


Jacob and Rebecca guard the luggage.


There was a lot of emotion, tantrums and crying...and that was just from the check-in lady.


Final family goodbye portrait.