Sunday 12 February 2012

Slippery slope

Most things in life can be left to chance; education, marriage, food, etc.  Something that should not be treated with such a laissez-faire attitude is your footwear.  Specifically: slippers.

The slipper is, after all, the shoe you spend most of your time in.  And when I say "you" I really mean "me".  Even on the days I decide it's worth getting dressed I'll usually laze around in my comfy moccasins, sometimes even wearing them for my daily trip to the Pyramid Brewery.

My latest pair gave out earlier this week, so I had to travel to LA loafer-free.  As if in sympathy, REI held a clearance sale on all their comfy shoes, and under Gen's exemplary shopping management we were there as the store opened.

The range was extensive, but thanks to the in-store fake mountaintop and Frankie I was able to walk out with a fantastic pair of Keen Cush Men's, with a water resistant bunched and pleated outer, elastic-gored side panels for easy slip-on, and plush microfleece lining to keep my feet toasty.  Now I'm ready to get back to some serious relaxing.


Decisions...


Climbing the mountain of consumer choice together.