Friday 5 September 2014

Anniversary visit

My parents are back!  This is the "extra" visit that they decided to slip in.  I'm hoping that they notice/talk to me soon, because currently they seem rather distracted by their grandson.  Actually that's not true, they do talk to me: "I think Pete needs a chocolate biscuit."  "Could you change Pete's nappy?"  "Do you have to put Pete down for a nap when he's having so much fun with us?"

But the BIG celebration today is their 40th wedding anniversary!  40 years!  You get less for murder!  Who'd have thought that, 40 years ago, when an engineer from London married a physio from the Welsh valleys, that we'd all be sitting in Vancouver toasting their ongoing health and watching them fritter away my inheritance on trips to see their grandson.  Congrats, Mum and Dad!  Here's to the next 40 years.


We began celebrations with a harbour cruise!  The boat is ten years younger than my parents' marriage.



Fine constitutions all around.


Dad inspects the propulsion system.


Hannah and Mum under the British Columbia colours.


Looking through the picture window at North Van.


Dry dock (it's an oil tanker, so Hannah made me take a picture.


Pete enjoys a treat sent from his Aunty Em in England.


Powering onwards.


Mum surveys the skyline.


Toasting a long and successful marriage!  I hope Hannah and I look as good at that stage.


One day, son, you'll be allowed the gin and tonic that this fruit was invented to accompany.


It skips a generation (love and attention, that is...)