Wednesday 17 September 2014

End of season

And so the shutters come down on the Davies Resort and Spa for the Summer 2014 season.  What began in April with my parents arriving has finished symmetrically in September with them leaving.  They did go home in between, but to be honest who remembers?  I've received word that they've landed safely in England, and that they'll be back for Christmas.

I've stacked the deck chairs, paid off the kitchen staff, and the entertainers have performed their last cabaret.  It's like the end of Dirty Dancing, except that I will be putting baby in a corner.  Or perhaps it's more like The Shining as I trundle around the empty corridors and wonder what horrors lie in the rooms (clue: a 1-yr-old).

As ever, book early for 2015!


Platinum loyalty card holders.