Sunday 1 February 2015

Everything is awesome!

I don't often get to meet a genius - apart from every morning when I look in the mirror - but I did today.  And not just any genius, but a Lego Genius!  His name is David Brear, he can do amazing things with plastic bricks, and he came to church to share his magical knowledge with the kids.

Yes, that was the only downside: kids were involved.  I had to compete for the vast selection of blocks with various small people, who all managed to get the one I wanted just before I was about to!  But, in the face of this fierce competition, I still managed to whip up a pretty fine spaceship.

As for the genius, he'd got the kids to build the Temple in Jerusalem for a Lego Mary and Joseph to present the Lego baby Jesus in, it being Candlemas today.  So...yeah, a little more impressive than my efforts.  But could his Temple fly into space?  Exactly.


Getting started, before the chaos/mess got out of hand.


A big part of being a parent: passing on your skills to the next generation.


And what skills they are!  Spaceship!!


Hannah makes tracks.


These days you can build Lego on an iPad, which is wrong.


The Temple in Jerusalem, before its destruction.


Smiling faces everywhere.  And for the eagle-eyed, notice that Duplo and Lego are compatible in an exact 2:1 match!  It took a genius to teach me that.