Friday 26 June 2015

Granny annex

What are mothers for?  To turn up in your hour of greatest need and help you like no one else can, that's what!  When that mother is also a grandmother, unquestioning unlimited childcare is a priceless part of the deal.

For the past ten days my mum has been dutifully reading books to Pete starting at 7am before transitioning into imaginative play using only cardboard boxes, then pushing trolleys around supermarkets and DIY stores, assessing daycares, making tea...generally paying me back for providing her with such an adorable grandchild.  I've been able to put pictures on walls, hang ceiling fans, stock the fridge, and have someone else accompany a toddler on the miniature train in the local park.  I haven't even had time to be resentful that I've been so completely replaced in my mum's affections.

Sadly it was over all too quickly when she caught her flight home yesterday, and she says I have to wait three months until she'll have enough space in her social calendar to come out again!  Um... priorities?


Doting grandmother with grandson.


Doting grandmother with grandson.


Doting grandmother with grandson.


Doting grandmother with grandson.


Doting grandmother with grandson.


Doting grandmother with grandson.


And here's a really nice picture of a butterfly I took at Sully Historic Site.