Thursday 4 June 2015

Here we go again

Everything's back in little boxes.  Some things didn't even come out of their boxes for the whole time we were in Vancouver, but they're now on a truck and I believe racing towards the USA via Niagara Falls.  Please look out for the water.

I'm not racing anywhere as we enjoy a few days of cleaning the apartment.  Where does all that dust under the bed come from?  I shudder to think, but I was able to give it all a once-over with the hoover before it too was consigned to a box and taken from me.  With no hoover and no cappuccino machine I basically lack all meaning in life.

Never mind - we get two nights at a swanky hotel before our flight.  My clever dieting plan has always been to lose weight during the stress of these international moves and then I get to slowly gain it until the next one.  Except that this move hasn't been stressful, and we've just come back in from beer and pizza in downtown Vancouver.  Oh well, America is known for its successful efforts to combat obesity.  Isn't it?


I should probably have asked for ID from those men who turned up and put all our stuff in their big van...


Ah, who cares?