Friday 21 May 2010

First in, first out

A while ago Hannah met an American girl with a soft Southern accent and the homely ways to match. After knowing her for all of five minutes she asked "could you help me move my furniture into my apartment?"

Now, years on (it seems) Amanda is moving out, off to Monterey to join her husband Jack as a military spouse, albeit one who also works as a consultant at Accenture. Once again my furniture moving duties were called for, although this time there were a lot more of us to do the labour. Building a strong network - what business school is all about!



There will be lots of these spotted around the village in the next few weeks...



Wow! This time Jack and Amanda actually lift some of their furniture themselves! (And is Amanda really that small?)



The workers take a break.



If I stay here, maybe I'll get a free trip to Monterey.