Wednesday 5 May 2010

Watching the ball

The Oakland A's had another of their $2-a-ticket games today. They were hosting the Texas Rangers and, after recording their lowest attendance ever last night, were obviously hoping to fill a few more seats.

I decided to go with an expert so that I could really connect with the game, but unfortunately only Vince was available. Apparently his work commitments finished early today! He was clearly uncomfortable taking the afternoon off and enjoying $1 hot dogs and beer with me.

In the end the Rangers lost. It was also a very short game at under two-and-a-half hours. Give me five days of Test cricket and a real opportunity to overindulge on junk food and overpriced alcohol.



There were actually more people queuing for hot dogs than watching the game.



Vince, with our first course.



Is there a better way to spend a weekday afternoon? I don't think Vince's boss reads this blog...