Thursday 1 July 2010

All American hair-o

There comes a time in every man's life when he must leave behind childish things, etc. Hopefully that's a few years away, but today I did decide that my current Californian surfer/homeless person style needed a bit of a revamp and so headed to our nearest barber shop. I'm also bored of walking on a bathroom carpet of human hair all the time.

I decided not to go too crazy, and asked for them to leave on a little bit of length. "Sure! I'll make you look like a businessman," said the incredibly optimistic barber.

In England you get to face the mirror while they cut your hair, but here it seems they like you to look away. Something to do with turning you around at the end for a big reveal of your new cut - these Americans and their sense of theatre. I did have a nice fish tank to watch as my curly locks drifted down around me, before being cut-throat razored, moisturised, powdered, and then even sprayed with cologne!

The result? See below. Hannah used the words 'respectable' and 'young', which I guess I should count as success. Only a few years of growth to get back to 'dishonest' and 'old' again.



I look like my mother!!