Thursday 5 August 2010

...and I will go to Texas

Things were a bit quiet in the Creek today, so I decided to head to Texas. And, as the saying goes, if I can't go to Texas then Texas will have to come to me (something like that).

As luck would have it, Texas rolled into San Francisco. Texas on Tour is the Lone Star State's travelling tourism road show, featuring an unlikely mix of inflatable cinemas, sandcastles, and virtual canoe rides, with occasional rope swinging and live music. All to the somewhat non-Texan backdrop of the Ferry Building and the Bay Bridge.

I wandered about for a good hour, enjoying the band and the various attractions, before treating myself to a cup of SF's best Blue Bottle Coffee. When in Texas...



It seemed bigger when we were there.


A little slice of the Big Country.



Texas is renowned for its sand sculptures.



I got to test my 'Texas IQ'. It's 7.



The Old 97s, who sang a lot about California. Impostors?



Without a paddle (but with a dog).



Far more convenient and stylish than actually having to go on a river.



Hopefully he's not carrying a concealed weapon. Our laws are a little different from down there, y'hear?



Sadly I was too late for another nearby event. Next year.