Saturday 29 October 2011

A clean and hungry look

There comes a time in a man's life when he must learn to take pleasure in more simple things.  Eating a meal and not suffering from indigestion, sleeping through the night without having to get up to go to the toilet, buying a new vacuum cleaner.  Especially buying a new vacuum cleaner.

Our old (secondhand) hoover finally gave up the ghost.  Having both wheels fall off every time you used it eventually got tiring, and so it was time to invest in a new (secondhand) model.  I toyed with the idea of one of these new robot ones, but frankly the hand-finished quality I demand of myself - until I can afford a maid - meant that only a top quality upright would do.

And so today I took receipt of a refurbished Dyson!  Oh yes, the best of British for us, even if it is now manufactured in Malaysia rather than Malmesbury.  Still, it is a thing of beauty, and a quick zoom around the living room proves its efficiency.  Did you know that its pre-motor filter removes particles down to 0.1 micron in size?! I look forward to many long hours of houseproud and dust-free cleaning, and if Hannah is lucky I might even let her use it.  Although strangely she doesn't seem too keen so far...


What's in the box?  What's in the box?


Ooooooh yes.


I got a little over-excited and confused at this point...


...but was soon back on track, and ready to attack dirt in all its forms.


Goodbye bits!


It even has the appropriate attachment to, finally, hoover the blinds!  You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that.


Happy, contented, with a carpet clean enough to lie on.