Saturday 28 January 2012

Corporate punishment

The trouble with having a jet-setting wife is that sometimes she has to jet-set.  And so it is today, as she's off to the Philippines to tell them how to take their oil and gas out of the ground nicely, and I'm left to fend for myself for (almost) five days!  There's nothing corporately responsible about a starving man, Chevron.

A few management grades higher and Hannah assures me that I'll get full expenses to accompany her as a trophy husband.  In the meantime I've just waved her off in her limo, on the way to the Cathay Pacific lounge at SFO where, she tells me, they have a hot noodle bar.  I've never even seen a hot noodle bar.  From there it will be straight into fully reclinable business class for her, and our return trips to the UK will probably forever go up in price substantially.

As you can tell, only one of us had any misgivings about being apart for five (did I mention that?) days.  Please send food packages and sympathy cards to the usual address.  Now I'm off to...I don't know!  I've never had to make a decision on my own before!!


Off on an extremely bon voyage (don't worry - the limo driver made sure she didn't actually have to carry these...)