Tuesday 17 April 2012

Antipodean ale

This blog has been the start of big things for a number of people.  Virtually all of Hannah's MBA colleagues that I've featured now have jobs.  Several couples who appeared here have had babies.  I'm not making any extravagant claims, but the evidence is there for all to see.

The latest in this line is Dan, whose home-brewed beer has been featured in these pages.  Since then a couple of things have happened.  First, Dan's Sierra Nevada clone won a medal in a Hamilton brewing competition!  The second is that he has been featured on another blog!  I was shocked to find that I'm not the only blogger in the world, and also that Alice's Beer for A Year represents a somewhat more focused approach than me.

Dan's Pale Ale is number 244 in her year-long odyssey, and she judged it similar to one she brewed but with "a stronger malt backing a better mouthfeel and a vastly superior head".  Now, I'm not one to take credit where it isn't due, but I was the one who sent him the book on how to make the stuff in the first place so...you know...anyway, many congratulations to my antipodean (and I'm happy to use that word correctly, currently being in the UK) alcoholic alchemist amigo.


It's official!


And now famous!