Thursday 10 May 2012

The pool is open!

It's early in the year, but with temperatures nudging the high 30s (nearly 100 in Fs) questions had been asked about the opening of our swimming pool.  I got an email tip-off from our neighbour that she'd spotted the plastic chairs and loungers being put out, and decided to saunter by in the hazy afternoon heat to see whether my wishes had come true.

They had!  And, as tradition dictates, I had to be the first one in.  This year I was joined by the fearless Arbel, who became decidedly annoyed if anyone tried to help him in or, indeed, keep him afloat.  We splashed around in the surprisingly warm water (for this time of year) before he declared the fun over by running to the gate and shouting "Hannah" repeatedly.  I know who his favourite is.


And summer is here!


Dipping a toe in.  Ok, it wasn't that warm.


Arbel is skeptical.


Sink or swim.  (Many thanks to guest photographer Anat!)