Monday 12 November 2012

It's raining, it must be England

Well, it could hardly be any other way.  It was wonderful and sunny yesterday to be fair, but after a surprisingly decent night's sleep I awoke to the sound of rain on my parents' roof.  Welcome home!

It didn't deter us, of course, and we were soon enjoying a lovely pot of tea and a slice of Somerset Apple Cake at a local farm cafe.  I discovered yesterday that I'd forgotten to pack any underpants.  Normally I don't wear any in California, of course, but I needed the extra layers here so made a trip to Marks and Spencer's.  I'd read that 75% of ex-pats wear only M&S underwear so I'm pleased to add another tick to the British stereotypes list.

Back home, Mum had put on an early Christmas lunch for us where we were treated to all the trappings, including crackers.  Yes, we sat around the table wearing silly paper hats, so my 2012 Yuletide is already complete. Tomorrow our road trip begins, starting with Wales.  Things are likely to stay a little wetter than around CA...


Straight off the plane, straight for a coffee.


Good morning!


Patriotic pride.


Mum and Dad at the cafe.


A local.


Mmmm, soft new pants.  Lovely.


Hannah in Cheap Street - Frome's only street with an open sewer!


A classic Somerset combination.


A classic Christmas photo.


Flaming pudding.  Yum.