Thursday 1 November 2012

High society

How do you know you've reached the higher echelons of East Bay society?  When you appear in the Faces section of Diablo Magazine!

Faces: Parties, Society, Glamour, Nightlife.  All things I usually avoid, but I was paparazzied, together with Hannah and her work colleague Lauren, at the recent John Muir fundraiser.  We had a nice chat with the photographer, Peter Crooks, who Lauren knew, and he took down our names.  Except he didn't, as the photo's caption lists "Hannah Davis" (without an 'e'), "Lauren Lyons" (with added 's') and, most egregiously, "Rand Davies".

While I am an objectivist, and got almost halfway through Atlas Shrugged before I was completely bored, I was a little put out to have my one appearance in the society pages marred by...well, misspelling is too weak.  Oh well - as I'm inevitably recognised around the Creek, glossy magazines thrust in my direction to sign, I'll autograph them with good grace.  My friends call me Randy.


The young and the beautiful.  And Hannah and Lauren.


Who?