Wednesday 6 March 2013

0th birthday

Slow blogging of late, I know, but my life currently revolves around feeding, sleeping, pooing, sleeping, burping, feeding, sleeping...and I have a baby to look after as well!  Hahahaa.

Anyway, we made it to Pete's original due date, 6th March, and he soared to a mighty 6lbs 7oz.  Pretty normal, which leads me to conclude that they could have left him inside and avoided the previous weeks of drama, but I'm not a medical man.  The baby has certainly decided that life has now officially begun and insists on doing things like playing and staying awake, which seriously impacts my schedule.  I also find myself third in his affections, behind his mother and a toy parrot that he will stare at and chat to for hours.

Peter's still on a heart rate monitor but hopefully the doc will let us disconnect when we see him in a couple of weeks.  Then we might even be allowed to go out!  We're banned from shops and malls, due to Pete's still-weak immune system, and in California that leaves very few options for outings.  Although, now I think about it, the pediatrician didn't mention vineyards...



Still chugging down the good stuff, and his face is now larger than the bottle!



Exhibitionism begins at home.



This is the exact expression I wore when we went to those naked hot springs.


Elise contemplates a fourth (but, odds on, it'll be a girl).


"Now I'm old enough to play!"  Most inconvenient.



The beast sleeps.