Wednesday 27 March 2013

Bye bye Blighty

I made it back to warmth - if not civilisation - after a 2.5hr delay to my flight.  The motherland obviously wanted to keep her favoured son a little longer, but not even the words "several technical difficulties" could keep me from boarding that plane.  I arrived home late to be met by a baby that is now three times his birth weight, a bowling ball-sized 9lbs!  He smiled when I saw him, but was then sick, so it probably didn't have much to do with happiness (happy sick?)

The weather did not improve on my last couple of days in England; it snowed in Somerset as I left.  It was lovely to see various people during the visit, which brightened up the whole endeavour, and we'll be back for a full tour in a few months.  Talking of brightening, Hannah kept babbling about something called "sunshine" that seems to come from the sky and make things warm.  I don't remember anything like that existing, so put it down to her delirious joy at my return.


Mum and Dad in their summer outfits.


Ellen gave me a fine send off with a full English...


...and I delivered the takeaway that Hannah ordered.