Friday 9 January 2009

New Year, new you

The British are a race well known for their tireless pursuit of physical fitness and the perfect physique. So it was natural that, as the sun shone over Berkeley and temperatures soared, Akhil gave me a call to see if I wanted to play tennis. I grabbed my $4 thrift store racket and slipped on my shorts.

It was doubly appropriate as today Andy Murray beat Roger Federer, and with these thoughts we ventured out onto the tennis courts next to uni village. Hannah joined us, as did Megha, and thankfully there was no one else around to watch as we pranced and pirouetted like drunken ballerinas. We had a great time! Until Sagy arrived and beat everyone...



Proud to represent our country at the highest level (of...?)



From left: Hannah (Dorset), Megha (India), Akhil (Manchester), David (no fixed abode).