Wednesday 20 June 2012

Slow news

Wow, a week without blogging!  I'm sorry about that.  I haven't had anything particularly exciting to write about (that's never stopped you before, you may comment).  We babysat Arbel on the weekend, but as every other post here has pics of him I thought I shouldn't repeat myself again.  I bought a big new backpack in the North Face sample sale, and some new shorts too.  It has been very hot here recently, and like that new record supercomputer I need to be cooled to low temperatures to function efficiently.

One thing we did do was go on free Chevron tickets to watch the SF Symphony Orchestra play with Natalie Merchant.  She was big in the 90s with a band called 10,000 Maniacs, and she sang very well and danced in an aged hippie manner.  Strangely all her photos on the posters, in the program, etc. were taken at least 20 years ago.  Hmmm.

Not much other than that!  I've just made an aubergine and courgette ratatouille, and discovered I don't know how to cut up a butternut squash.  More exciting things will start happening again soon.



Here she is!  You see, very nice, although she had a lot more grey hair on Monday night.


I always feel at home going to see the SF Symphony.


But this is the only reason we can afford tickets...


I'll finish with a fine photo that Gen sent me, taken on Santa Monica pier.  Reasons to love America #684.