Friday 30 August 2013

His highness

There comes a time in every boy's life when he has to rise up and be counted among the men.  This hasn't happened for me yet, but for Peter it came today with the arrival of his high chair.  He will sit on a knee and be spoon-fed no longer; now he can announce his independence and (artificially) raised stature by joining us at the table!  He will also be expected to use his own spoon.

The delivery of this chair has not been without its drama, as (surprise!) I opted to buy from the cheapest place I could find.  When they suspiciously couldn't fulfil my order I went for the second cheapest, who managed to iron out "problems" with the supplier to finally get me the chair 19 days after I ordered it.  They've done a good job washing off the dried-on food...

Before he could ascend, Pete got to witness another indicator of manliness: building flat-pack furniture!  Although I did embarrass myself by referring to the instructions.  At the end of the construction, and partial deconstruction to put in the bits I'd missed the first time, I seated him on his lofty pedestal and he surveyed all around him!  Before trying to eat the tray.  Tomorrow: food.