Monday 30 September 2013

Men supporting men

It's hardest for the fathers.  I've tried to find a dad's group to join but there are precious few about.  There are lots of "Moms and..." things, and several lesbian ones I've considered going along to (I am in a relationship with a woman, after all) but apart from that, nothing.

So when Drew had to take the day off to look after his boy Edward, I jumped at the chance to form my Fathers Together group.  We needed a supportive environment for our first meeting so chose the Jupiter Brewery in Berkeley.  We shared experiences, stories, a plate of ribs and a pizza.  We offered each other advice on which beer was better.  Someone asked if the babies were twins.  Hmm.


That would be the XHP (Xtra Hopped Pale Ale).


I stuck with a classic Hefeweizen.