Monday 4 November 2013

Goodbye party

It was time to wish farewell to all the amazing people we've met in and around Berkeley and Walnut Creek over the last five years.  What's most scary is how many now have babies, although more tears were shed by those out of nappies than in.  Today is also Hannah's birthday, a fact that allowed Santi to arrive with the most decadent sea-salt-caramel-chocolate-cream-cake the world has ever seen.

What can I say?  Spending an evening having to say goodbye (or 'see you soon', as I prefer to think of it) to everyone from first Californian baby Logan through to the wonderful friends Hannah has made post-MBA at Chevron...I thought I was going to miss Lottie's ice cream most of all but now I know that's not true.  If I wasn't British I might allow myself to feel rather emotional...
 
 
Where it's all happening!  We're just a few years late.
 
 
Getting in the brewskis.
 
 
Ready for the rink.
 
 
Enculturation.
 
 
That cake.
 
 
Happy birthday Hannah!  Three today.
 
 
Ah, the Walnut Hill clubhouse, site of much revelry.
 
 
Elliot sizes up Pete for Invisalign sometime in his future.
 
 
Hannah and newest Californian - Genevieve.
 
 
It's nice to be part of a large Jewish family.
  
 
Sasha says goodbye to her wedding baby.
 

And Hannah got this balloon from the Schwimmers.  "So you remember that everything in the USA is bigger," Evan told us.  We will.