Wednesday 27 October 2010

Scraping the apple-bobbing barrel

Meg's heartless parents took her away today for a couple of nights in Yosemite, so I've had to find my own amusement and I've had no excuse to go out for frozen yogurt.  Instead the highlight of my day has been a trip to Target to get more milk.  While there I couldn't resist the draw of the "up to 70% off" signs by the Halloween aisle.  It's mostly empty now, but it turns out not all costumes were as popular as those I've featured previously.

Some things you won't be seeing at fancy dress parties this year:


If you thought the squirrel was poor.


You can dress your dog up as a mounted moose head.  Pretend your pet has been shot and stuffed!  I suppose this is vaguely in the Halloween spirit.


Why not go to a party as meatballs and spaghetti?  Spaghetti outsold meatballs this year, judging by the number of costumes left.  And they're not even convincing depictions of their respective foodstuffs!

 
Another low-selling food-based effort.  Words fail me on this one.