Monday 11 April 2011

Getting younger every day

It was the moment of reckoning: my three-month fitness assessment down at "the club".  Kim was there, all five-foot of muscled intimidation.  She pinched me, she made me step up and down, she forced me to stretch, she took my blood pressure (how am I meant to appear unpressured at a moment like this?), she pummeled me with questions.  I reported on my routine, which has been surprisingly consistent.  "So how come I don't look like Arnold Schwarzenegger yet?" I joked, attempting to relieve the tension.  "Well, he's shorter than you," was her response.  I didn't know how to take that.

My vital statistics were soon entered into the magic computer program and...well:


Oh yeah, come on, that's what I'm talking about!  30 years old!!  I get to celebrate all those birthdays again!


Still not looking too great in those blue shorts.