Monday 25 April 2011

San Francheesecake

Ah, how I have missed the tourist trail.  It's been a while since I had the excuse to do it, and while this particular iteration did not include the #1 destination (Jelly Belly) I did get to see the sea lions, Union Square, the Ferry Building (Mum and Dad claim it's their first time there, but they are getting old), and finish the day with Cheesecake Factory dinner.  Why do people come to California for more than one day when you can fit it all in so efficiently?


Starting off on the right foot with a Blue Bottle cappuccino.


Mugshots at Alcatraz.


Most of the sea lions shipped off to Oregon, but a few remain.


Stocking up at Ghirardelli's (in their 50% off post-Easter sale, of course).


Clam chowder at Boudin bakery.


On the cable car.  I made them sit on the opposite side from me.


Quick breather in Union Square.


There's lovely.


Later, at the C'Fac.  Note Dad's usual dish: shepherd's pie.


Cheers!