Tuesday 19 April 2011

Searching for lunch!

Another entry into the "free food" subcategory when I got to enjoy lunch with Elad and Daphny at Yahoo! this week.  The search giant stole Elad and Sagy fresh from their MBAs and they're both having a wonderful time, not least because of the rather wide variety of food available in the cafe.  Elad is in charge of the footer on the Yahoo! front page.  Scroll down to the bottom here to see his fine work (I'm pleased that the royal wedding is making an appearance there).  Sagy does complicated things with adverts and, as I understand it, is responsible for much of the company's cash-flow.

Anyway, it took me a while to choose between pay-by-the-weight sandwiches, Pacific Rim cuisine, the grill, make-your-own-salad...but I eventually plumped for the sushi and an asparagus and smoked gouda bisque.  Yahoo! is now my homepage and search engine of choice.  At least until someone invites me for lunch at Google.


The exclamation mark is mandatory.


A bit like Chevron's campus, except that the fountains aren't filled with crude oil.


Daphny (new haircut) and Elad tuck in.


Mmmmm. We are happy, honest!