Tuesday 31 July 2012

Take me back to dear old Blighty

In a move that will cause feelings of abandonment which will take years for me to overcome, my parents left today.  It has been a fun-filled two weeks, which included babysitting (fun for me), extremely high temperatures, the Olympics, mountains, lots of tea, etc. etc.

They upgraded their tickets for the way back too, and so got to sit in the Virgin lounge in SFO before their flight, complete with free booze and food.  No wonder Dad wanted to get there four hours before the flight.  Anyway, it has been lovely seeing them, and below are the last few highlights of their stay.  But don't worry about me - I got over the departure trauma by going to see the new Batman film...and Meg and Ellen arrive on Thursday!


Finally, a nice comfy place where Dad is not a danger to himself or others - Psycho Donuts in San Jose.


Dad and Arbel solve a puzzle together.


Americans, known for understatement.


Clingy?  Arbel?


Mum and Arbel play.


Um, please can we remember who your actual child is...?


Yesterday was National Cheesecake Day!  Half-price a slice at The Cheesecake Factory, where Dad was his usual culinary pioneer and went for shepherd's pie (after a strawberry daiquiri, to be fair).


The new cheesecake - Oreo Dream Extreme.


The cappuccino after our cheesecake?  No!  This is one I made for Mum this morning with my own home machine.  Pretty impressive, eh?  Sadly I couldn't repeat the trick.


Packed, ready, and waiting for the BART.  Have a happy trip, and come back soon!