Friday 27 July 2012

The Parent Trap

It's been a busy week entertaining my parents, who are no strangers to the West Coast and so hard to surprise.  In the end, against my better judgement, I let them out on their own for one day.  Before that we made it north to Sonoma for wine tasting, across the Bay by ferry, and into the city a couple of times.  They haven't complained too much, as long as I supply continuous tea and we're home each day for an afternoon nap.


A quick trip by boat to Sausalito.


Cooling off in the pool as temperatures topped 100F, although UK weather improved no end after my parents left.  The Olympics have started, so that won't last.


A free Sunday concert from the Golden Gate Park Band.


Enjoying the music.


And public transport.


"I never have more than one drink before dinner. But I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold and very well-made."


In search of more booze in wine country.


Found it!


And some more.


Only one person in this photo is sober.


At SFMOMA (this is the day I let them out on their own).


Haven't I seen you somewhere before?


Up on Mt Diablo.


Taking in the view.


Attaining the summit.