Tuesday 23 October 2012

Millennium

This is my one thousandth blog post!  Writing a post about the amount of posts you've written may seem a little self-indulgent, but "blog" and "self-indulgent" are synonyms, so it's fine, and it's not like I'm just updating my Facebook status to tell you what sandwich I'm eating (on the Internet there's always someone to look down upon).

What started out as a simple way to let my parents know what I'm up to has become...well, actually it's still that.  But now times a thousand!  If only I'd put so much effort and focus into other areas of my life I might have become something cool, like a stuntman.

According to the nice statistics that Blogger gives me, my most popular post ever is הבלוג של ראש השנה, which presumably means I show up on various Israeli search engines.  The only other ones in the top ten that do not feature babies (I know my audience) are about our RV trip and dogs that dress up in costumes.  Yes, I hold a mirror of searing intelligence up to contemporary American culture.

I found a site that analyses your blog to map your brain and find your personality type, and discovered that I am "entertaining and friendly...especially attuned to pleasure and beauty...rarely allowing conventions to interfere with their lives, they find creative ways to meet human needs".  That makes me sound really annoying; there must be something wrong with their algorithm.

So thank you, dear reader(s), for sticking with me.  In a million years, when digital fragments of my blog are the only extant records of early 21st Century civilisation, it will have all been worth it.


My brain on blogs.