Saturday 14 March 2009

Modern Californian family

This morning I got to look after my boy Logan, as his mum was going to an optician's appointment. He's grown! No more tottering about unsteadily, now he goes everywhere at a sprint. And while "da" is his favourite word he did have a successful stab at "garbage". Perhaps my accent was putting him off.

Hannah had disappeared at 6am to help run a Women in Leadership conference (I'm looking forward to wearing the branded polo shirt while I do the cleaning). Elliot was also on his own as Elise is at a case competition in San Diego, so we headed over to his place.

Logan entertained himself with building blocks and kitchen implements, while I read five books to Maya (as recompense for Logan destroying her beautiful buildings). Two guys, four kids, and only one of us was involved in the procreation of any of them. A scene repeated in many houses across Berkeley this beautiful spring morning!



An old hand.